The Blog Farm

The Blog Farm

Sunday, January 13, 2013




Through the Eyes Of A Child

What do you see I said to her
I see much sadness of faces with tears,
The look in their eyes shows so much pain
I see the terror of all their fears.

What would you change, if ever you could
I would take away their pain and hold them tight
And give them hope, that they never had
Take away their fears from the darkness of night.

What do you feel I asked of her
I feel the presence of danger close by,
The shivers of fear that makes them weep
I wish I could answer their questions...why.

Why would you take it upon yourself
To do these things, to set them right,
Because I know the pain they feel
I know of their sadness for which they can't fight

But how do you know these things I said
You were not there, you did not see,
In them I saw myself, she said
Stuck in time, I can't get free.

Now that you see through the eyes of a child
Can you stop the blame for yourself inside,
I've tried so hard to tell myself
The blame is not mine, and I needn't hide.

It's not your fault, I gently told her
Blame needs to be put on him instead,
I know you are right is what she said
Dear God, I thank you as she bowed her head.

written by Mary G.
Amazing Artwork done by Michal Madison©
www.MichalMadisonArt.com

No comments: