The Blog Farm

The Blog Farm

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I wrote this when I was in the first stages of my healing journey many years ago on my here on my blog but I am now healed, and post this for those in their healing journey in hopes it helps them. 


The Mirror

The mirror is my enemy when I look inside I see,
a little girl who is so lost
tears well up in me.
She looks so frightened, so very sad,
I can’t reach out or touch.
It’s just too hard to look at her,
the memories are just too much!!
I know she needs my guidance,
she reminds me of all my fears.
Hate I see, inside her eyes
she sheds so many tears!!
I walk away. I leave her,
can’t bear to see her cry.
I try so hard to block it out,
There's just too many tears to dry.
As I turn, I look back into the mirror
my adult self I see.
So many thoughts remembered,
Oh, how they envelop me!!
If I could smash that mirror,
that little girl, would disappear.
But then she would be trapped inside. 
Lost for eternity. 
 I turn around to look at her 
 my little self how sadness prevails, 
 I can't leave her fears locked up inside.
 Can't bear it, she looks so frail!!

Prose by Mary Graziano© Revised June 7, 2016


No comments: