The Blog Farm

The Blog Farm

Monday, August 13, 2012



MY WISH FOR ABUSED CHILDREN

If I could be an angel
I would set all children free,
Wipe away their tears from their cheeks so soft
And keep them close to me.

I would seal away the darkness
From the memories from all abuse,
Take away the shame they feel inside
That keeps them constricted as if in a noose.

Show them the love that eluded them
Give them hugs that they so deserve,
And create a world of happiness
Because life threw them such a curve.

But how can I be that angel
How can I set the children free,
How can I protect and keep them
Safe from harm and close to me.

I pray that God will hear me
And send His guidance from above,
Some protection that will keep them safe
And shower them with much love.

This is my wish for all children
And I hope one day it will come true,
But I am only one person
But I hope others will see my view.

All the abused and neglected children in the world need us to show them that we are trying so hard to protect and save them from their lives from abuse. We can't hide, and pretend that it's not happening, it happened to us, to me, and I don't want another child to have to go through the horrendous things that some had to endure during their childhood. We need to let the world know that its our duty as adults to let the children be heard, and shout it out for all to hear that abuse of any kind is wrong, so wrong. Just think that right this minute a child is being abused, physically, emotionally, sexually, and some are even murdered or never found. Can you hide from this? Can you bury your head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen? I know I can't I was that child many years ago, and incest survivor, a survivor from physical and emotional abuse, I can't hide and turn the other way and pretend it didn't happen. We need to speak out and protect the children of our future, so that abuse will hopefully one day be eradicated, that is my wish for all children of abuse.
Written by Mary Graziano August 12, 2012

No comments: